www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: RedGFX.com

RedGFX.com

Well this is only my second project using css and i got stuck a few times along the way so some very kind members of this site helped me out... just thought i should let you know . Anyway its a graphic design website and id like your rant and raves im not to sure about the font and font colours etc. i think they just look out of place so if you have any advise on them id be gratefull.

A few pieces of information first:

1.I used around 25 images 2 are 11-12kb the rest are 1-3kb, the larger ones are the large header images.

2.The coding both css and html validate.

3.There is a bit of javascript that came with the google code so i had to use it.

4. non of the links work its just a skeleton justnow.

You can see the site here http://www.redgfx.com/RedGFX/index.html look forward to your replies
    Last edited by fab0990; 10-21-2005 at 05:51 PM.
    Just learning.

I like the header...very nice graphic! The only things I would suggest...and this is only a matter of taste really...is the menu appears to be making the selections appear faded as they are moused over, rather than jump out at you...and the right column length is longer than I expected...

It does fill my screen nicely though...nice work.

i see the menu works well..
    nevertheless, the content part doesnt really fit with the general scheme, instead you might wanna try a different font (Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, etc..)
    Different red for the titles (like "Fabs Site Gone")
    --
    otherwise, it's nice, graphics are nice, and it doesnt take much time to load.
    What program are you using? some might have an export for the web function, which reduce the size

Thanks for the tips i know that the title colour is bad ive spent ages trying to figure out a new scheme and i will soon.... also i agree that the text colour should become bolder on mouse over and ill change that also. The length of the page will be shortened too, i just copied and pasted the front page of my current site and pasted it in so i could test sizes, fonts ect.
    Yeh the menu works great, i have to say the help from ppl in this forum has been top notch and i will be advising "everyone" who asks me for advise on web design to signup here.
    Just learning.

hehe, yeah do that!

Thread Information