www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Accessible flow diagrams

Accessible flow diagrams

Is there a truly accessible way of showing flow diagrams - used to aid a moderately complex decision-making process? At the moment I am thinking of dropping in a gif or png. With an alt tag, that would pass an automated test, I think; but I would prefer really to help the end-user.

One way I have thought of is a series of php pages opening up, dependent on previous selection. Clunky though.

If it were a basic structure then nested lists would be your awnser but as you said it's complicated I'm thinking you should be using internal links.
    HTML Code:
    <div class="step" id="A">
    <p>Does the thing do the thing?</p>
    <ul>
    <li><a href="#AA">Yes</a></li>
    <li><a href="#AB">No</a</li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="step" id="AA">
    <p>Then hit it. <strong>End of process</strong></p>
    </div>
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

I rather like that. I'll have a play. It may also be possible with nested lists - I'll have a look at that, too. Thanks.

Thread Information