www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Discovering computers

Discovering computers

Hello everyone, I am taking, Discovering computer class and I was doing my practice exam, I came across this exercise and I do not have any idea how to solve it. If anyone know anything about, please post your help here.

A direct mapped cache consists of 128 slots. Main memory contains 16K blocks of 16 words each. Access time of the cache is 10 ns, and the time required to fill a cache slot is 200 ns. Load-through is not used; that is, when an accessed word is not found in the cache, the entire block is brought into the cache, and the word is then accessed through the cache. Initially, the cache is empty. Note: When referring to memory, 1K = 1024.

(a) Show the format of the memory address.

(b) Compute the hit ratio for a program than loops 10 times from locations 15 to 200. Note that although the memory is accessed twice during a miss (once for the miss, and once again to satisfy the reference), a hit does not occur for this case. To a running program, only a single memory reference is observed.

(c) Compute the effective access time for this program.

Seriously man do your own homework!!!!!!

This has got to be your tenth or twentieth post for trying to get people to do your homework I have honestly lost count because you do it so much.

Figuring out a problem is not accomplished simply so that you know the answer...

You gain valuable programming experience and problem solving skills from solving the problems themselves.

I mean fair enough if someones has a go and gets stuck on a specific problem with something, but you cant just keep coming on here and pasting the exact question text into a post it aint right and im sure that your lecturers would consider it cheating.

Can an admin please draw the line here?? this is ridiculus enough is enough.

Waylander.
    Perth Web Development
    Web Developer
    Perth, Western Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    Seriously man do your own homework!!!!!!

This has got to be your tenth or twentieth post for trying to get people to do your homework I have honestly lost count because you do it so much.

Figuring out a problem is not accomplished simply so that you know the answer...

You gain valuable programming experience and problem solving skills from solving the problems themselves.

I mean fair enough if someones has a go and gets stuck on a specific problem with something, but you cant just keep coming on here and pasting the exact question text into a post it aint right and im sure that your lecturers would consider it cheating.

Can an admin please draw the line here?? this is ridiculus enough is enough.

Waylander.
    I agree with you because he is asking others to help/do his homework. But how can this be his tenth or twentieth post when he has only posted 8 times.

But you are right all of his posts have been asking people to help him out.

indianj? Why do this discovering Computers course if you are not going to do it? How can you learn by others doing the work, you can, anf you cant say, oh i learn by reading what someone else did, because you dont learn it like you would if you did it yourself.

Thread Information