www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to integrate radio and music in website ?

How to integrate radio and music in website ?

I want to host live streaming radio and sell music from my website, I don't know where to start from ; please show me the way web developers.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    moved to multimedia.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

any reply would be highly appreceated. Thank you.

hey, in order to sell videos you have to legally purchase a liscence from the record company to do this. as for streaming the videos i forget the code ill find it eventually.

Webmonkey has a really good tutorial on this:

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...?tw=multimedia
    LanaB
    "You see but do not observe"

Web Design & Development
    http://www.graphixsbydesign.com

I've always used the shoutcast server from winamp. It's not imbeded into the website, but you can make the link that will open people's winamp and start playing it. Otherwise, I'd suggest using vlc player's technology.

If you don't want to go with internet radio, I know there's info on embeded media in "html" 5th edition quickstart guide.

If you have cable modem (4mb) then why not just use your own computer and broadcast with an encoder? Use Windows Media Encoder (sorry have more experience with it) and just start it up, choose a 40kb stream for audio and off you go. You post the url on your website and they click into the stream. 4mb could give you almost 100 listners without the need for some service. Hosting encoded files is even easier and only needs a .htaccess file to stream from most servers.

Here's the simplest way there is to set up streaming audio, either from a server, or from your home computer (true - if you've got the bandwidth).

Download Jetaudio here.....
    http://www.download.com/3000-2167-10013740.html

It comes with a neat little addon called Jetcast that makes it a breeze to set up a streaming source in mp3 or wma format.

An afternoon with some sample audio files, and you can be up and running. It's good fun to play with too.

I hope this is some use, as the only reason I'm here posting this is because I clicked the wrong link in my bookmarks. Serendipity dog!

Thread Information