dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: FrontPage to PayPal

FrontPage to PayPal

I have a website and am using FrontPage for my forms pages. I constructed the form page so that I can get the detailed info I need from their order. While I have prices of things & all other info I need, I don't nor do I want to have the actual payment information. I signed up for a business account at PayPal but don't know what to do from here. I would not only like for my form to submit the information that I need to one of my emails, I would also like (I guess the submit button)it to direct them to PayPal so that they can finish up the order by entering credit card info & all that stuff. Also, some of the cells within the form need to be forwarded over as well. For instance, if they choose package 1 for $20, PayPal needs to be able to get that info so it appears in their total checkout price. Lastly, I need PayPal to email me saying that "such&such" has paid. Can anyone give me a step-by-step walk through on how to do this? I am frustrated because I have a 350 page website that I am quite proud of because I taugh myself how to do everything, but can't finish it.
    Thanks in advance

When you login to Paypal click on Merchant Tools and look for Paypal Shopping Cart. While it takes some technical skill to put in place, I think it is what you are looking for

Thanks. Would you or someone be able to walk me through that "technical skill"? If not, where do I turn to learn how?
    Thanks in advance

I have created the forms part of my website using frontpage. I have attempted to paste html code from Paypal. If I paste it to the other software that I am using, it works. If I try pasting it to frontpage (which I need to) I am getting the following message:

You have entered invalid HTML. Please make sure
    angle brackets and quotation marks are properly matched and that this HTML is legal at this point in the document.

Also, some of the words are appearing red & some are appearing purple. Is that a hint telling me what is wrong similar to how MSWord underlines a word in red to tell me it is spelled wrong? Does any body have any idea on how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance.

Hmm...

the copy and pasting worked for me when I did it. maybe you missed some syntax? Which FP do you have? and what other software did it work for??

Maybe you didn't paste it into the Code view?

Thread Information