dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: internet explorer Edit button

Question internet explorer Edit button

does any body now how you can disable this. i have a website and would like to disable this button, i have seen other website with it disabled?

can anybody help me please!!!!

steve

That button is part of the browser and therefore belongs to the person who owns the computer. It should be configured to work the way they want. Even if you do disable it the only effect will be to annoy some of the visitors to your site because they will then have to press two or three keys to achieve the same result as that button supplies with one.

You didn't give us much background on why you want this feature...

Plus if you really want this and you've seen it on other sites you should do what your trying to prevent

Really thou I have to agree with Felgall, additionally your only going to slow someone down who wants your pages code or content.

In the past I've had entire sites content "stolen" from me however it didn't put me into a rampage of trying stop it.

I also suggest checking out the link in Felgall's signature (that red line of text), very decent read on the subject.

BTW there is a very active topic on this subject now in the business section...

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...3&page=1&pp=20

Thread Information