www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brainstorming...

because she said that most of her users would be looking for a button to open a printer friendly page

... can you be certain that visitors are really looking for this and relying on it to be there?

I don't mean to bust any chops, it's just that i can't see how that would be something worth fighting for. It doesn't really add anything to the site and it only adds another directory level to deal with.

i think that as CSS becomes more accepted by designers (and used), users will come to realize that they don't need to look for the "printer friendly" icon and simply print the page. It's a matter of accepting the culture shift.
    /DBF/

yeah, simply put a 'print the page' icon mel, which would trigger the page printing directly.

Well, I definitely understand all that, it's just that the problem lies in my superiors, not with me. I'd be happy doing that, Crazy (Fuzzy or possibly Lil), but for the fact that THEY are the one's not happy with it, and THEY are the ones insisiting that people need to see a print icon to be happy. But I'm going to try a few things out and see what will make them happy.
    Fell in love with his Keno waitress,
    They honeymooned in Memphis,
    They were married by the drive up window.
    Trailer parks, neon signs,
    And an empty box of Lucky Strikes,
    All used up on the dashboard of America.
    --All You Can Ever Learn Is What You Already Know (The Ataris)

ok, hoo (loo or possibly voo)..or was it 24? (oh, and that number seems so0o random, why 24?)

Thread Information