www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: funny checkboxlist layout

Threaded View

Question funny checkboxlist layout

I have a checkbox list that is populated from code behind (that all works). The thing is that the checkbox portion is like really wide.

This is the code for the .aspx page:

Code:
    <asp:CheckBoxList id="chkCategories" CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="0" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"></asp:CheckBoxList>
    You can see that there is no width or anything specific specified yet still the checkbox has a gray around around it that makes the text pushed like 100px to the right (remember, no width is specified for this) so I don't know where this is coming from.

Attached are 2 pictures that show this.

Here is the rendered code:

Code:
    <table id="chkCategories" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="border-collapse:collapse;">
    	<tr>
    		<td><input id="chkCategories_0" type="checkbox" name="chkCategories:0" onclick="__doPostBack('chkCategories$0','')" language="javascript" /><label for="chkCategories_0">Alcohol & Drug Abuse</label></td>
    	</tr><tr>
    		<td><input id="chkCategories_1" type="checkbox" name="chkCategories:1" onclick="__doPostBack('chkCategories$1','')" language="javascript" /><label for="chkCategories_1">Arthritis Management & Prevention</label></td>
    	</tr><tr>
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BobotheBugbear; 11-08-2005 at 12:06 PM.
    I have an IQ of 134 or something like that. I forget.

Thread Information