www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Image upload to server and with ...

Question Image upload to server and with ...

Hello,
    I have been searching the javascript board (all 47 pages) for the better half of the day. I cant find the right answer to my problem. Or I cant ask the right question as I dont know the technical terms for js. Here is my problem:

1. I want my visitors to upload an image to my server with comments, I want the images to be stored in the images folder on the server, as my webhosting only allow me 100MB for database as againts to 5GB file of storage.
    2. After submitting an image, I want my pre-designed page with a table to contain the uploaded image and the comments he made.

If it is not too much request, can I add one more?

3. I want the images to be searchable.
    As the uploaded images to be renamed ex. img1.jpg, img2.jpg, img3.jpg or it will have to change the date.

Thank you very much.

hindipogi

JavaScript is most commonly used as a client-side language. You need a server-side language, like PHP or ASP, to do that.

What server-side languages does your sever support?

As the uploaded images to be renamed ex. img1.jpg, img2.jpg, img3.jpg or it will have to change the date.
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

Thanks for the quick reply Kravvitz,
    My host server have ASP, SQL, but as to what you said server-side language, well, it is beyond my powers, i'm out of the league.

Is it still possible for js to accept images and rename it to a sequence and store it to a specified folder in the server or do I still need a PHP or ASP?

Thanks again.

*sigh*

Asking the question a second time does not get a new answer.

JavaScript can not do this.

Check out these search results on how to do it.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

sorry kravvitz. thanks for the link.

Thread Information