www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: All the standard modules in one zip file.

All the standard modules in one zip file.

In a nutshell, where can I find a zip file that has all the standard modules inside as "pm" files and not-no tar.gz or similar type files?

I installed a program called Reactor1.3.exe on my PC (windows xp) that comes with Perl 5.8.3 (I did not have Perl installed prior). It comes with absolutely none of the standard modules included -- not even "lib.pm" because the directory "perl/lib" comes blank. I don't want to have to create all the standard modules 1 by 1 into the directory "perl/lib". Is there a zip file I can download for Perl 5.8.3 that I can extract into the lib directory?

Forget it, I found a tar.gz file and got me winzip then my computer understood the "tar.gz" format.
    http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/...l-5.8.3.tar.gz
    I tested the CGI and warnings modules and they work perfectly, that is a sign that it worked, cool!

The perl-5.8.3.tar.gz package didn't include a handful of modules... DBI for example. I tried everything but the Perl version isn't high enough. So I went to activestate.com and downloaded active perl version 5.8.7. However this doesn't come with the module DBI either!!! I tried messing with the command line and the CPAN.pm module with no luck because it doesn't know the command "nmake" So I downloaded Nmake15.exe and extracted NMAKE.EXE and NMAKE.ERR to the directory "C:/". I tried it again however it still doesn't understand the command "nmake". Any ideas?

It would be so much simplier if someone could direct me to an active Perl installation package that comes with the DBI module and all the others pre-installed.
    Last edited by Ultimater; 11-15-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Forget it, after hours upon hours of hard work and downloading and reinstalling of Perl, I got the DBI module installed finally! First thing after downloading Perl 5.8.3 from activestate.com I opened Command Promt in Windows and Typed the commands
    Code:
    CD c:\
    ppm
    install DBI

Then after that installed, I went into "over drive" installing modules, e.g. HTML::Template:
    Code:
    install HTML-Template
    etc etc.

Thread Information