www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Newbie needs help

Unhappy Newbie needs help

Hi.

I currently operate a website for hosting resumes for yacht crew.

At the moment I receive peoples cv's and translate them into HTML and upload them myself. I would like this process to become automated. Does anyone have any bright ideas as to how I might do this?

Also any codes/advice for automatiscally adding/exchanging links would be great.

Many thanks

Jenn

I am certain that I could offer help. If you still need help, please contact me one way or another and we will see what can be done for you. =0)

You havn't really given us any specific information so we can't give you any specific answers. The most I can tell you right now is to use open() to write your information to files.
    http://perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/func/open.html
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

thanks for the above

What I am looking for is this:

John wants his cv online. He registers. I send him to a particular password protected page in my website where he has a ' Form' to fill in.

He must tick what section/folder he would like his cv to be under (Chef/captain/steward etc). Once uploaded the cv will automatically be inserted under that section.

He is also prompted for a range of info from D.O.B. Nationality, smoker/non smoker etc. He can also upload some photographs. Once he has finished typing his resume he clicks 'preview'. if he likes it's look he clicks save. The cv then automatically loads up ! Saving me around eight hours of work a week !

I am looking at some software that retails for $299.00 (if you are interested in what it is see: Interactive software

I am not sure if this is worth $300 or if there are any other options out there that might be better (and cheaper!)

Another company that offers roughly what I am looking for is dockwalk.com

Thanks for your time in looking at the above help request. It is appreciated.

Jenn

Thread Information