dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Mailto links causing numerous windows to open

Mailto links causing numerous windows to open

Hi

When I click on a mailto: link (regardless whether this is on a web page or in a document) about 50 IE windows suddenly open. At first I thought this was a virus, but I have scanned my pc with the latest version of Mcaffee and nothing was detected.

Any ideas (as its' really annoying!!!)

Cheers

lol, that was a harmless java script prank, just dont open that link anymore, type the address into your msn or aol or whatever your webmail is. Um, dont worrie about it being a virus unless you actually download something. A virus needs to be actually on your computer, a web language cannot harm your box.

Thumbs up

Hi - cheers for the reply.

It doesn't only ever happen on one web site. It happens where-ever there is a mailto link, eg If I create a mailto link in an excel sheet and then click on it, it opens 50 IE windows.

Even clicking on a mailto link in Opera on a page I have created myself, will open up 50 IE windows. Which as you can guess is really annoying.

****** No worries I've sorted it, I just re-installed IE6 and that seemed to do the trick*****
    Last edited by wobble; 04-28-2003 at 11:39 AM.

Make sure you also remove adkiller from your computer that you got from webattack.com because that what cause it for me !

oh yea, some spyware might be to blame for some of your misery, might now be the same thing but if you have kazza you probably have a loads of it so do a search on download.com for ad-aware.

Thread Information