www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 110

Thread: How To Protect Your Images

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Posts
    2,166

    How To Protect Your Images

    The only way to truly protect your images so that no one may save them onto their own computer is to keep them off the internet. No matter what you do, as long as your image appears somewhere online, it is saveable by the user. Right-Click scripts, transparent cover images, and even expensive image encryption scripts can all be avoided. To see how, visit WebDev FAQ's.

    The best way to identify an image as your own is to add a watermark in the corner.
    Last edited by rhsunderground; 11-25-2005 at 09:30 PM.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,974
    Not only are all images savable by the user but they are also automatically copied to their computer by their browser before being displayed on a web page.
    Stephen
    Share on Google+

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    XYZZY - UK
    Posts
    1,760
    Share on Google+

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cisco IL.
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for the link to your site I found it very helpful :-)
    ~*Southgirl*~
    Share on Google+

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    329
    and that is final. don't ask about it again. lol
    Share on Google+

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Alicante (Spain)
    Posts
    7,739
    Share on Google+

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh
    well the watermarking i was talking about was one that is permanently placed on the image, whereas your system is designed to hinder those that use right-clicking to save their images. not fool-proof by any means, but better than attempting to block access all-together.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Alicante (Spain)
    Posts
    7,739
    Quote Originally Posted by rhsunderground
    well the watermarking i was talking about was one that is permanently placed on the image, whereas your system is designed to hinder those that use right-clicking to save their images. not fool-proof by any means, but better than attempting to block access all-together.
    Really? Was the sentence Pass your mouse pointer over the above, before and after demo image to see what your images could look like after "watermarking" with PHP too difficult to understand? In fact the script either watermarks images on the fly or watermarks them and saves them to file. It does not impede right-clicking in any way.
    Share on Google+

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh
    Really? Was the sentence Pass your mouse pointer over the above, before and after demo image to see what your images could look like after "watermarking" with PHP too difficult to understand? In fact the script either watermarks images on the fly or watermarks them and saves them to file. It does not impede right-clicking in any way.
    forgive me - i was in a hurry and didn't take the time to read through the text. i thought it was a mouseover script that had 2 similar images.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh
    ...this method also seems moot because all one would have to do is "prnt scrn" or alt + "prnt scrn" and they've got the image there anyway... :dunno:
    Share on Google+

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Alicante (Spain)
    Posts
    7,739
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerBall24
    ...this method also seems moot because all one would have to do is "prnt scrn" or alt + "prnt scrn" and they've got the image there anyway... :dunno:
    Yes! With the watermark included of course. Or did the words "before and after demo" confuse you?
    Share on Google+

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh
    Yes! With the watermark included of course. Or did the words "before and after demo" confuse you?
    ah yes...I guess i didn't read, sorry.
    Share on Google+

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh
    Hooray for printscreen
    Share on Google+

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Alicante (Spain)
    Posts
    7,739
    Quote Originally Posted by aPerson
    Hooray for printscreen
    Oh dear! Another person that doesn't understand what before and after demo means!
    Last edited by bokeh; 08-01-2006 at 11:47 AM.
    Share on Google+

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh
    Oh dear! Another person that doesn't understand what before and after demo means!
    Cool I'm smart. Sorry about that my mistake.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles