www.webdeveloper.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How To Protect Your Images

No need to print screen to paper, you can just print screen straight into your graphics program and not lose any of the resolution at all.
    Stephen
    Share on Google+

Physically add the watermark using photoshop and then lower the resolution by 'saving it for the web' Keep a copy of the original and you are good to go.
    Back from the Army
    Share on Google+

Cool

... wow I should run a class on how ppl steal images... some of you are clueless.

by the way I agree with ghippleh the best way to show copyrighted images on the web is to lower the res and watermark = deface the image with your brand of choice (in a way as to not obstruct the image's content.).

I don't like the wording of that but I think it should do for past my bedtime typing.
    :::yawns, rolls over, and passes out:::
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by jim_grib
    ... wow I should run a class on how ppl steal images... some of you are clueless.

by the way I agree with ghippleh the best way to show copyrighted images on the web is to lower the res and watermark = deface the image with your brand of choice (in a way as to not obstruct the image's content.).

I don't like the wording of that but I think it should do for past my bedtime typing.
    :::yawns, rolls over, and passes out:::
    I said the same thing about five or six pages back but as you say - most people don't seem to understand how the web works. Once someone is viewing a web page they already have a copy of the images on their computer so only by including the protection in the image itself can it provide any protection at all.
    Stephen
    Share on Google+

I guess that there is nothing more to say about that, so I will close this thread
    Share on Google+

Thread Information