www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Freewebs ripping me off? Where to go?

Freewebs ripping me off? Where to go?

What's your oppinion on Freewebs?

My small fansite is growing like crazy and "you have expended your bandwidth" seems to be the story of my life. I moved all my big images to Photobucket, and ended up going over my bandwidth there, too.

It will cost me $45/6months for 9gig of bandwidth at Freewebs. Am I getting ripped off?

Will moving to a different hoster make me pay more for my domain, too? What's this DNS hosting, will that be on top of my regular fee?

I've been at Freewebs for my whole "career," my very first page was there and today I still use it. I use notepad and write my own HTML. I'm compltely clueless with all this PSP and Javascript and I don't even know what a CGI is... I just need something simple and cheap for a 13yearold that got in over her head. -_-

http://airbender.net/

You might like to take a look at A Small Orange, $30 / year and 3GB bandwidth/month. Buying your domain with ASO will cost you an extra $10, if you were to buy it somewhere else though you could save a couple of dollars.

You might find it useful to read these threads:

Who to go to for web hosting
    where to buy a domain?
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

If you already bought your domain name, it's only a simple matter of pointing it at your new host. No extra domain charges. If they charge you for that, then you're getting ripped off.

Wow, A Small Orange looks awesome... Thanks a ton! =)

Thread Information