www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Drawing a fluxogram

Drawing a fluxogram

Greetings,

I intend to draw a fluxogram in a website and I am looking for ways to draw lines, arrows, rectangles and some text. Firstly, I considered java applets using methods like drawLine(), drawRect() and drawString(). It has good resolution and precision, but I coud not find ways to set line thickness and a method to draw an arrow .

Besides applets, what can use to do the job?

Thanks you all,
    Arnaldo

54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Drawing a fluxogram

Hi!

Applets are not good technology to use for this purpose now as MS does not support it well for a few years already.

Try a Flash component called Origramy from here: http://origramy.com/.

It takes XML description of your fluxogram / organogram / graph or workflow and shows it in browser using Macromedia Flash... What is absolutely great about it is that you can draw your objects right in browser using same component as easy as you draw in Paint... It's editor supports arrows, boxes, circles, text in different fonts, even pics and a lot of other useful elements. You paint it in browser with their Flash editor first, save as XML and then show the result (XML file) as a picture in same component. Very cool thing, worth to try.

I used it to show some of our organizational charts and business logic of processes and like it a lot.

Jeff.

...and after three years you're reviving this thread
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Thread Information