dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Force Cache Clear in IE

Force Cache Clear in IE

I have done a couple flash sites, and when updated as default most peoples IE browser is caching the flash file,,,, I am looking for a script that will force IE to look for new files when loading the site... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Well, this shows you how to clear cache. Bearing in mind this is the Accessibility section be aware of potential flicker problems in IE6.

How accessible is Flash, these days?

How many talking web browsers can read out the content of a flash file?

Quote Originally Posted by felgall
    How many talking web browsers can read out the content of a flash file?
    Well, that is what I was wondering. I steer clear of Flash mostly. I think there can be a case for it, though, when it is illustrating some specific point. I do that once on my site (the only time I use Flash). There is a text explanation of the feature - the flash movie is a video aid so that the viewer can see the product in action.

Provided there is an accompanying text explanation of the feature, I think that is acceptable from an accessibility viewpoint. But I wouldn't use it in other circumstances.

However, Macromedia claim that Flash 8 has accessibility features. But I have not followed this up.

They claim support from a few screen readers, but it appears to be like any other accessibility technology - it doesn't work by itself, it needs someone who understands the constraints of accessible flash to actually build it.

I notice too that they mention only 2 screen readers, and for their 'disable flash notifications' they mention only Windows-Eyes - what about Jaws?

There's a good article over at webaim http://www.webaim.org/techniques/flash/
    - it's more interesting because it's less biased...
    Last edited by DaveSW; 12-01-2005 at 05:19 AM.

Thank you. I've bookmarked that.

Thread Information