dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Frames and Hit Counter

Frames and Hit Counter

I manage a site that is drawn up in the traditional 3 frame (banner at top, navigation on left, rest content aka:home) layout. I have a hit counter on the Home page. My question is this. While the hit counter does it's job when I surf to the page, if I click the Home link on the navigation side, that will also bumb up the hit counter by one. Not desirable. My question is this. Do I have to maintain 2 pages as home? One that will be displayed with the hit counter when the website's index.html file is called. Have a second page that mirrors the look of the home page that is called when the user clicks Home from the navigational frame? Thanks. Steve.

Unhappy

wait, nevermind, sorry. I read your paragraph too quickly. (Realy sorry I can't help.)

If you have a constant frame (one that doesn't change html files, the header maybe) - you could put the counter there.

My recomendation is to get rid of the fames and use DIVs. There are many advantages with DIVs, and it's pretty easy to do. If you need help with the code let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Thanks for the idea. I will relocate it to either the nav or banner frames. That has to work.

Thread Information