www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about www.music-abuse.com

What do you think about www.music-abuse.com

I've just finished this new eCommerce website www.music-abuse.com. Can you people just suggest me how it looks, its search combination, navigation, product offering, content, internal pages and about anything else.

Can you suggest, more features and anything special to make it better? Thanks very much!

Cerciello Giuseppe
    www.music-abuse.com

Good design but I absolutely HATE when a website takes over your entire screeen get rid of that crap and then I might be able to provide more.....I closed it as soon as it took over my screen.
    1024x768
    IE6
    DSL(1.5mbps)
    My attempt at web designing:
    High-Capacity

Thank you for your response Omega. Sorry for the page blowing up the full screen, this shouldn't happend. On which computer and browser are you on?

gC

Well, four things hit me in succession that would tend to make me not like the site before I even find out if I'm interested in its content:

1. It starts out with a splash page that requires me to click something before I get to any useful content.

2. When I click on the splash page's enter, it doesn't just go to a new page, it launches it in a new window. (I'm using Firefox, so I guess I didn't see the "take over the entire screen" thing The-Omega reported.

3. Then I have to wait a few seconds for the Flash (or whatever it is) to download - not a big deal, but still another annoyance.

4. When I finally get to the actual home page with some meaningful content, it's dominated by an animated graphic apparently designed to induce seizures.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I entirely agree with your comments NOGDOG, infact I am forced to go this route for this reason:

1. The start splash page has been created to open a new controlled window to avoid the block popups in vogue in today browsers. The reason why I needed the controlled window is to disable the browser back button as the site has been developed entirely in flash. I can't think of any other solution to avoid the browser back arrows. I would appreciate any idea about.

For the intro animation presentation I can take it away and just leave a link if the user like to see it later that's not a problem if I do realize that users get annoyed about it. Concerning the meaningful content however I just thought to be strait to the point what's the website is all about.

Thanks allot for your comment.

By the way, I should have said that everything there appeared to be well done and graphically and stylistically cohesive. For my personal tastes I'd prefer something a little more laid back and straight to the point without the "bells and whistles", but if the client is demanding those "bells and whistles", you did a good job of providing them.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I stoped the animation of the home page that seem annoy allot people.

Thanks allot to all for taking the time to comments my site.

Cerciello Giuseppe
    Last edited by gcpmusic; 12-12-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Hey gcpmusic, I am using IE 6.0....and I am on a compaq with windows XP pro....

I visited your site again and when I clicked enter on your flash intro it opened up the window that took my entire screen again...dont think that is really neccessary.

The flash intro really isnt neccessary...dont get me wrong its nice and all but there is just no point.

The overall design is pretty good...I would have went with a different color scheme, but everyone's different.

The only major downplays are the window thing and the fact that all the content is flash....you should have an option for a HTML page for people that do not want to wait on flash...or is there one? If there is I didnt see it.
    Last edited by The-Omega; 12-12-2005 at 01:43 PM.
    1024x768
    IE6
    DSL(1.5mbps)
    High-Capacity

Hi The-Omega, sorry about the blow up screen, you see I am on a Mac and test IE on Virtual PC which doesn't do that. However as the PC style seem to be always working in full window I didn't noticed that on my computers friends. I can assure you that this is IE problem, Firefox and other PC browsers don't seem to do that.

I do agree about the flash intro as looks like a general negative comment and I will change it.

However I don't understaind why is a problem that all the contents are in flash. I am amaized in discovering how flash is a love/hate affair.

Cheers
    Cerciello Giuseppe

PS: Just to let you know, your link to the "HIGH-CAPACITY" website doesn't display well on Mac browsers.

The website itself doesnt display well??....I have no way to test it on MAC's
    1024x768
    IE6
    DSL(1.5mbps)
    High-Capacity

The word Guest is much smaller than the text before it.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Omega
    The website itself doesnt display well??....I have no way to test it on MAC's
    If I can be of any help in testing please let me know.
    gc@music-abuse.com

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    the site is to busy to many animations etc.
    fabioDRN.com

Nice site, but i hate music starting every time i click Home,Company and Clients.
    It should be something you can turn on and listen to if you want....not forceing people to listen then have to turn off, if you know what i mean.

Thanks for your comments, that seem that annoy everybody, I am going to correct it.

I just implemented this way as is a music website and I thought people was willing to leasten to music. Obviously I was wrong :-)

Thanks again
    Cerciello Giuseppe

Thread Information