dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to :Image Resize without changing resolution

Smile How to :Image Resize without changing resolution

Hi
    I had a image of size 160 pixels-77 pixels
    I need to change that is enlarge by resizing to somewhat (850 pixels-363 pixels).without changing clarity or resolution. the resolution shld be as i seeing small image. i dont have any software except imaging & paint.

How it can be done ?
    help me pls.

pats

When you enlarge a small image to that degree, some resolution will be lost. Don't think any sort of image editing program is going to help you there.

KDLA is correct, even the expensive Photoshop and moderately less expensive Paint Shop Pro, cannot do what you wish. There are only a certain number of pixels in an image, and you cannot add more in the enlargement process, therefore clarity loss and distortion cannot be helped.

the best you could do after you enlarge it is maybe try and sharpen it or apply some effects to it.

You are asking for way too much. No amount of sharpening is going to help. Sorry.

All responses to your question are correct. However, you can also download free 30day trial version of photoshop, illustrator or open source Gimp. Then try to enlarge the image and sharpen it to the best possible resolution.

The quality won't be satisfactory.

You should always keep a full-size version of all images so that you can resize down to the size you need. Trying to make an image larger than its original will almost always ruin the quality ... unless it's a vector image.

I agree with the rest.. You can't resize it to that size with out lossing clarity or resolution.

Ubik is offline <%= "New Meja Hor" %>
    <aol>
    Me 2 - I agree.
    </aol>

Good news, this can be done but only to a certain extent. There are programs available like Genuine Fractal that can help. Basically you keep the resolution you start with but the image size increases. I've had mixed results w/ Genuine Fractal but this might help you out.

Hi pats, Do not try to input more air in to a small baloon. It will get punctured. Small baloons with required air fill are cute baloons. Let them be cute. You are asking more. Technology can do wonders at the same time technology have its own boundries and theories to be followed.

Yes but still, if you do not have the source image, the best you can do is to use spline or fractal upsampling techniques, like in Genuine Fractal.

http://www.photoshaman.com

Thread Information