www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: css styles not getting applied

Angry css styles not getting applied

hellow everybody,
    Please...Please...Please. Can you please spare few minutes to sort out this problem. When Iam checking my Dreamweaver html files in browser (F12) the css styles were not getting applied. The styles are getting applied alright on working platform. When checked in browser the css styles have no effect. Some script is causing this problem (Pop up caption in IE says this). Iam using internet explorer (IE) to check my html files. How to eliminate this unwanted script from my hard drive and where (path) can I find this culprit to eradicate. Till day before yesterday everything was working alright...this problem started since yesterday.

Thanks for your patience to read this. Please help me out.
    Regards
    Ramakrishna

Quote Originally Posted by ramakrishna p
    Some script is causing this problem (Pop up caption in IE says this).
    What does the popup say?
    At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

popup say..."some running background script is abstracting applications to run as usual. Abort script? "

Exact wording I don't remember. But the sentence goes as said above. I aborted the script by clicking 'yes' button. But still the problem is existing.

Does the document display correctly when all programs, including Dreamweaver, are closed?
    Have you recently installed SP2, assuming your'e on XP?
    The exact wording of the alert would be helpful.
    At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

Angry css styles not getting applied

Yes, Iam on XP. Recent fast no new applications were installed. The problem remains same even after all other programmes were closed including dreamweaver 2004.

At present Iam in office. After getting back to home I will once again try to get the pop up dialogue box to pop-up again. I will send the screenshop of the pop-up window if possible tonight(India). Thankyou for diagnosis.

DOCTYPE HTML Error

Hi Fang,
    I found out the styles are not getting applied because of Doctype defination error in dreamweaver. The present Doctype defination reads as follows;

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

The previous one was as follows;
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd >

I compared this difference this morning when I was working on dreamweaver at my office computer. Back home I changed back to my previous docktype defination and applied styles. Now everything working fine. But one thing...How this change has been taken place?...I think due to some malicious script intervention the change has taken place of its own. I want to get back to my previous dock type defination to be appeared in dreamweaver working page. Can you through some light where can I change the code so that every time I open the dreamweaver the previous code will appear.

Thread Information