www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: txt to jpg...

txt to jpg...

The company I work for has an internal website. On this website is a "forum" type page where you can click to open a text file - on the same page you see what has been asked in jpeg form. You can ask questions to the director. When you save this file and go back to the page you can see the question you added automatically there. I am trying to figure out how it automatically converts this notepad text file into a jpeg. If you can help plz let me know...

Cat

why would you want an image with text instead of a text file?

well see the image is inserted in the page - so you don't have to open the text file to see... you just look at the page and it's there... a jpg of the txt file... i want to know how to do it b/c i want to use it...

Cat

Can you use a server-side language?
    there might be a more logical procedure for your side.
    it's called server-side include: you can include a file in another

You'll need a server-side script to make the image for you, so why not simply include the text file instead?

BF2S.com has a system that converts game stat database info into images that can be used for signatures. Here's an example image, compiled from particular data viewable on this page. I'm not sure how they did it, but I have a feeling that whatever type of script they use could be adapted for what you need. I think there's a tutorial for that somewhere on their site.

Thread Information