www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: website review - tell me what you think

website review - tell me what you think

Hi !
    Could you have a look at

http://www.frigofrutti.co.sr

Its not transalated in english yet, but could you post your opinion on general layout etc...

Thanx
    Nikola
    Hmm.....
    There is life on Earth .... ????

Hi,

Yes the overall look is very good.

Colours are right, the text is easy to read if I could understand it that is. but yes very good.

Loads fast.

Well done

Regards

Dereck

I like it (cool graphics etc.) There are however two possible minor down sides.

1) It's in frames (apparently not so good)

2) Are there any copyright issues on the map (I don't know what the map is of... but you know... the map!!)

Dave
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

it doesnt use frames (check the source). The whole site is actualy one html page, and the content browsing is made with dhtml. And I dont get the point about the copyright ...
    Hmm.....

When I view source (off the view menu) i get:

<HTML><head>

<title>www.frigofrutti.co.yu</TITLE>
    <!--(script LANGUAGE="JavaScript")
    document.location="http://ensim.hosting.co.yu/~admin163/index.html";
    (/script)
    -->
    <FRAMESET ROWS=*,1 BORDER=0 framespacing=0 frameborder=0><FRAME SRC=http://ensim.hosting.co.yu/~admin163/index.html NAME=cero_frame MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=auto>
    <!-- 브라우저 하단 메뉴 -->
    <FRAME SRC="http://dot.co.sr/main.html" NAME=cero_frame_ad MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO NORESIZE>
    </FRAMESET>

Isn't that frames?

The map was probably made by someone else? In the UK we have Crown Copyright on all maps from our Ordinance Survey people. If you check on the map where you got it from, it may say 'copyright controlled 2001' or something like that.

EDIT: This would then mean that you could be prosecuted for using their property, unless you pay them.
    Last edited by DaveSW; 05-02-2003 at 11:35 AM.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

NikolaVeber,

Nice job on the layout and presentation...all your pages are very accessible...from your "Proizvodi" -- Products pages to your description of your growing region's "Klima" -- Climate page to your "KonTakt" -- Contact page...nice and easy to view all the info...

Regarding the frames...instead of using your mouse right click to view the source...instead...use the view function from the dropdown menu.... in Internet Explorer it is View --> Source and in Netscape it is found the same way...up along the horizontal menu tree at the top of both browsers..

If you right click to see the source code and then view the source from the view menu function you get two separate views of the source for this page....the right click is how the source for the page (whole html page) while the view source is how your service provider is parsing out websites in order to save resources....by have a root domain and then framing a bunch of accounts...

If you know the names of other domains that are being hosted at the same hosting provider that is hosting your site you will probably see the same thing..

This url is from the frames code taken from viewing the source using the menu view source path...
    It is your site with a different url string and will demonstrate what I am talking about..

http://ensim.hosting.co.yu/~admin163/index.html

Drop that into your address bar and your site will also come up...or just click on the link here at webdeveloperforum...

Next thing to consider is to take your rather lengthy javascipt code that you have in your header section of your pages and copy and paste that into your favorite text editor and save it to whatever you want to call it...something like sitenav.js and upload this into the root of your domain...where all your primary files are stored...like your index page and the like...
    but first, you need to reference this one line...instead of potentially hundreds...and that line is:
    Code:
    <head>
    <script language="JavaScript1.2"
    src="sitenav.js">file name here</script></head>
    You will need to experiment with the path settings to make sure the browser pulls in and executes the .js file for you pages...

This shortens you code and load time and eventually will encourage the Search Engine spiders to get your body content quicker...

The map issue is in relation to the fact that if you just went ahead and used a standard map of your area...someone...somewhere has the publishing rights on that map...but since you only used a small section of what appears to be a larger map...I am not sure how (maybe proprietary color combos of certain embedded naming clues) one would ever determine where this map segment came from...

Thanks for the break from my backbreaking workload...back to work for me ... goog luck to you...
    Last edited by Decaff; 05-02-2003 at 04:19 PM.

A friendly remark: the background blue fruit resembles Playboy's bunny

I would put it in the absolute position, so it doesn't drop down when the menu opens up and get's bigger. But it's no biggy, just my opinion.

On GDE SE NALAZIMO and other "big" pages - what the heck is that red lighting there for???
    Last edited by Daria; 05-02-2003 at 05:01 PM.
    Absence of a result is a result, unless defined otherwise.

I dont know about the lightning ? What do you mean by that ?

And I'm not sure about the point of making the bg image absolute : when the page is higher than one screen height, it will hang somewhere ... i dont know.

Thanx anyway.
    Hmm.....

Thread Information