www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: please read

please read

http://geraldrussell.bravehost.com/FarmHouseFoods.html I made that site, but on some peoples computers when they go to it, the pictures are in the wrong place, how do I make it to where it is the same on everyone elses computer?

please someone help, I am going to pull my hair out of my head.

Use a completely different markup for the images and their labels. It could be a two row table with the labels as th and images in td:
    HTML Code:
    <table>
    <tr><th>Salsa</th><th>Jalepeno Jelly</th><th>Sweet n Spicey Pickles</th></tr>
    <tr><td>[salsa img]</td><td>[jelly img]</td><td>[pickle img]</td></tr>
    </table>
    Or you could use a definition list and style accordingly:
    HTML Code:
    <dl>
    <dt>Salsa</dt><dd>[salsa img]</dd>
    <dt>Jalepeno Jelly</dt><dd>[jelly img]</dd>
    <dt>Sweet n Spicey Pickles</dt><dd>[pickle img]</dd>
    </dl>
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

when i do that, it all just shows up in words

i was using nvu, a free program to make it. and i wasnt typing in code.

I'd recommend a switch to HTML-kit.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

ok, thanks alot, I wouldnt know what to do if it wasnt for yall. Learning how to make websites is a little harder than i thought, but I have learned alot more than I knew before.

on the table thing, how would you get it to where my pictures would be all right beside the other pic, and the names on top of them?

thank yall so much, I finally made it right to where it will show up the same on everyones computers. Here is the link to the site! http://geraldrussell.bravehost.com/FarmHouseFoods.htm

Thank you so much ray. I am from Texas also!
    Last edited by gerald_1605; 12-21-2005 at 09:16 AM.

Hence the tasty food.

I can actually do alot more now that I downloaded the HTML kit, that thing is so helpful!

It's a very nice toolbox as long as you're doing your web development on a Win box.

Thread Information