www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: sorry if this sounds a little stupid but..

Question sorry if this sounds a little stupid but..

Im about to dabble into the world of perl i was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to how i would execute / use scripts via my webserver i am running on cpanel10 with perl installed any links or feedback would be appreciative thanks in advance

There's a sticky thread called Learn Perl and CGI with 'Beginning Perl' that will walk you through the first steps for getting a Perl program running.
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

Thumbs up ok ty

Thanks for the quick help ill check it out
    A filthy mouth will not utter decent language.

well i had a quick look but didnt see any direct info that i was after im not really looking to program it more or less to use scripts i may be sounding like an idiot but owell thats how we learn i was under the assumption i say uploaded a perl script to a dir on my webserver then imputed a url like say http://yoursite.com/usr/bin/perl/path/to/script.pl or
    http://yoursite.com:usr/bin/perl/path/to/script.pl it has me very confused im not usually this slow at things but tis doin mah head in
    A filthy mouth will not utter decent language.

your webserver will have an assigned folder from where it knows it's contents are cgi files. It is here that you place and call your code. Default and common used name is /cgi-bin/ . When you call a script from www.yoursite.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi , your server will load the interpreter and execute the code. Your server may also be instructed to run only files with a certain extension, so a .pl file may need to be renamed .cgi .

Note that the first line in your Perl file describes the interpreter location.

Thread Information