www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Submit Html Form To Email

Hybrid View

Cool Submit Html Form To Email

I designed a basic HTML form in Dreamweaver to collect feedback on a website I am promoting. Includes check buttons. However, what I now need to do is to make sure that all the data is emailed to me. I've read (or tried to read) material out there and tinkered with the idea of buying pre-written software. However, as I've already done most of the work, I might as well go the whole hog and tackle this last step. If someone can help me with a simple Javascript or VBScript I'd be very grateful. Thanks for any help on this.

Javascript and VBScript are not capable of that. You need a server-side language such as php, asp or perl. Here's a free php script that you can try:

http://www.web4future.com/easiest-form2mail.htm

. . . or if you want to try the code yourself you can use the link to the example posted in your thread over at the Other forum or the example posted in the PHP forum.
    Last edited by kelly23; 12-26-2005 at 02:04 PM.

Email HTML Form

You can also do this with the
    action="MAILTO:someone@somewhere.com"

If you want to see an example click here

mailto: is NOT a proper protocol for a form's action, a user's email client has no way of interpreting the form data (assuming that the user even has a email client), you will need to use a server-side script (CGI, Perl, PHP, ASP, etc.)

Thread Information