dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Sendmail troubles on server

Sendmail troubles on server

I have used the following code in all of my scripts which have worked fine on the others servers I have tried. But when a form is submitted with this script in the action, the resulting page that my script creates has "Recipients must be specified Recipients must be specified".

Please note that this isn't the entire script, but the rest of it generate a thank you html page.

######### CODE##########

open (MAIL,"|/usr/sbin/sendmail");
    print MAIL "To: $email\n";
    print MAIL "From: $mail\n";
    print MAIL "Subject: Thank you for contacting us\n";
    print MAIL "Thank you $name for contacting us.\n\n";
    print MAIL "Here was the message you sent us: $message\n\n";
    print MAIL "Your message has been received and we'll get back to you as soon as we can\n";
    print MAIL "\n\n";
    print MAIL "Sincerely,\n";
    print MAIL "The President\n";
    print MAIL "www.mydomain.com\n";
    close (MAIL);

########################

The scalars $email and $mail are set by the script. $mail is the address for the admin which is taken from the admin settings. $email is the address that the user enters on the previous form that sent the info to the script.

This has worked on every other server I have tried, but not on this one.

My host will not give me satisfactory help.

Thank you.

"Recipients must be specified Recipients must be specified"

Is this the server returning this or is this a custom error message within your script somewhere?

If you're running this on a new server you should check if the path to the mail program is the same. You probably also need an extra newline on the subject line to separate the mail header from the message.

This message is printed there by the server. I actually have to newlines after the subject line, but seemed to have removed one when I moved things around. Pasting my code made it indent half of the textarea so I had to mess with it and apparenlty lost a /n in there somewhere.

Sounds like your on free.hostdepartment.com, I am having the exact same problem with them. My fix after 10 days was to get another web host.

Nope.
    I am a paid member of aplus.net which is what irrirates me the most. I am paying a good deal of money for their service and while everything else works perfectly, I can't use their sendmail.

Have you tried just sending test messages? Not comprised of any variables whos value might be in question. Just a simple message sent to yourself. If that doesn't go through then you should contact your host and get them to get fix it.

The first thing I did after it gave me the error was to remove all scalars and put specific info in there and it still gave me the same error. I have contacted them many times in every way that they offer.

Bad service and bad customer support. Sounds like a poor host to me. I'd look into getting a different one.

Thread Information