www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: exe file to start CD

exe file to start CD

Good Evening folks

This is my first attempt at posting something having signed on a couple of weeks ago but here goes.

My friend has promised someone that I could copy some of the pages from my web site www.allaboutmarmaris.com on to a CD and also put on a file that would start the CD as one finds on some CD without the need to go to Start/Run etc.

Can anyone help me on this one - where can I find such a file or program????

Thanks in advance

The Magus
    The Magus

You can create them with Flash. Make a movie, with a 'Click to enter' button on it. Link the button relatively to your index. Then use the flash player. It offers an option to 'create projector' - namely an .exe file. Do that and it should work. Use a free disk off a pc mag or something to get the autorun code, and use software like www.irfanview.com to make an icon.

Hope this helps

dave

PS if you haven't got Flash, try www.koolmoves.com - there's a free 30day demo - ample for you to make it!!
    Last edited by DaveSW; 05-06-2003 at 06:55 AM.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

All you really need is an autorun.inf

Basicly open an autorun.inf file from a autorunning CD you own and Look at the file... If I can recall correctly the only line you will need is just.

run=index.html
    that is if your home page is index.
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

I've only ever got it to work with a .exe file. Maybe it's cos I had the icon code in there.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

I agree with pete,the only code you might need is as follows
    open notepad with a blank document.
    copy the code below in that file
    and save it as
    autorun.inf
    file,

[autorun]
    open=index.html

Presuming that index.html is the start up page for your app.

ya it should be the open and not run.. run is for the exe's
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

Thanks very much, guys - whoops didn't check as there might have been a reply from a lady - if so pls add "gals"

I have been looking at a few of the auto run files this afternoon and I think you have it right and I will check it out tomorrow and get back to you if it works.

Thanks again.

Jack The Magus
    The Magus

Thread Information