dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can Anyone Help Me!! Iam Stressed

Hybrid View

Unhappy Can Anyone Help Me!! Iam Stressed

I am trying to design a website and I have Dreamwaver, Adobe Photoshopand MS Frontpage 03, but the fact is that I am a Beginner and I don't Know which software is easier to use and I am an expert in none of them. I have been learning about tags and practicing in Notepad but I Would like to move To FrontPage. Please Help Me If I Could Get a guide to design my website.

Of course everyone has their preferences but I found Front Page to be a nice mix of skill levels for me when I first starting to do websites. You have some WISYWIG features and HTML control with an easy back and forth. Photoshop is great to create images and things to put in your website but I wouldn't suggest trying to design your first website in Photoshop. I try to keep in mind that there are excellent things all of the programs can do but it really comes down to what you want to do for YOUR design. Make sure you have a really solid design and then go after whatever works in whatever program you can find. Good luck!

I am still a newbie and I find Dreamweaver to be the easyest.

I have even done basic computer courses in Front Page but find it very clumsey and hard to control compared to Dreamweaver.

Although having a good understanding of html means you will be able to make better cleaner coding cos all WYSIWYG editors are very messy with coding using stuff thats just not needed.

I also think learning to use external style sheets correctly is very important as this cuts down on so much coding. But yet so many sites still dont use them.

Thanx John
    Last edited by johneva; 01-07-2006 at 03:40 PM.

I grew up on Microsoft so using FP was just natural.

I you use MS Office, I would suggest FP. Actually I would suggest FP anyway.
    When you first use it, it is difficult not knowing what all the 'whatsits' and 'doodads' do, but after a while you start to use more and more of it's functionality.

You can use a template to create a page, then look at the raw html that makes up the page and start to see how it all fits together.

As for css, I suggest you loearn FP on it's own first. Then when you learn CSS, you can go back through your pages and style them.

I know what most of it does I just dont like the way it code pages.

It is even more messy than Dreamweaver and thats bad enough.

Thanx John

I have both and am a web designer by profession. I'll tell you something though. FP has crap CSS and PHP support. Which is almost essential. It also sticks loads of crap in your code you don't want. Although alot of beginners take a shine to frontpage there is not one single reason why FP is even close to dreamweaver. Dreamweaver MX 2004 or Dreamweaver 8 that is. The rest isn't any good. Definetely go with dreamweaver if you have MX2004 or higher. Other wise randomly choose. Also graphic wise fireworks works quite well with dreamweaver. Also if you ever plan on learning tags dreamweaver really excels.

PS. Dreamweaver alos has templates with cleaner more valid HTML. Learning to see how it fits together from FP will make you an extremely sloppy coder.

I used FP and nearly two years using Adobe goLive, and three days ago very first time I opened the Dreamweaver and now I swear to the world to never use the others. Dreamweaver takes the pain out of learning

Thread Information