dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: text flip

Red face text flip

i am experimenting with text only links and i am trying to get a text link that flips to different text, but 2 difficulties - can anyone help me out - no. 1 the flip is not permenant, as when you roll the mouse over the newly created text, ie6 interprets it as a mouseout for some reason??? no. 2 the hyperlink itself dosent seem to function at all

<div style="position: absolute; top:10px; left:10px; width:100px; height:25px; border:2px solid red; background: white" id="div1" >original text</div>

<a href="yahoo.com"
    onmouseover="document.getElementById('div1').innerHTML= 'new text'; return false;"
    onmouseout="document.getElementById('div1').innerHTML= 'Original Text'; return false;">
    <DIV style="position: absolute; top:10px; left:10px; width:100px; height:25px; border:2px solid red"></DIV>
    </a>

Doe it simpler, no divs needed:
    <a id="a1" href="http://www.yahoo.com/" style="position: absolute; top:10px; left:10px; width:100px; height:25px; border:2px solid red;"
    onmouseover="document.getElementById('a1').innerHTML= 'new text'; return false;">Original Text</a>

If you want the text change to be permanent, don't add a mouseout.
    Your link was for a local document. Use the full URL for a site.

Cool thanks fang

thanks fang

bob

anyone who gives even so much as a cold drink of water to the least of my followers will certainly not loose his reward in the kingdom of heaven -- J.C.

Thread Information