www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: frontpage

frontpage

HELLO THERE HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME.... BARE WITH ME WHILE I EXPLAIN MY PROBLEM

I PURCHED A WEB SITE FROM A COMPANY CALLED NDO MY WEBSITE IS CALLED www.jayandjosh.co.uk AND I USE FRONTPAGE TO PUBLISH THIS SITE TO THERE SERVER AT NATIONAL RATE CALL

I RECENTLY CHANGED MY INTERNET PROVIDER TO BLUEYONDER WHO OFFERED ME 100GB OF FREE WEBSPACE AND FREE CALL CHARGES TO PUBLISH THIS VIA FRONTPAGE TO THERE SERVER, HOWEVER

WHEN I PUBLISHED THIS IT CAME BACK AS www.jayandjosh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk NOW I HAVE TWO WEBSITES WITH TWO COMPANIES.

IS THERE ANY WAY THROUGH FRONTPAGE THAT I CAN PUBLISH TO BLUEYONDER AND HAVE THIS IN SOME WAY ALSO DIRECT TO NDO TO PUBLISH BOTH...BUT ALSO WHEN SOMEONE TYPES IN www.jayandjosh.co.uk IT COMES BACK WITH www.jayandjosh.co.uk AND NOT www.jayandjosh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

I KNOW THIS CAN BE DONE AS AN EX FRIEND OF MINE DID IT BUT I CANT ASK HIM AS WE NO LONGER SEE HIM.

SORRY IF THIS IS CONFUSING BUT I REALLY NEED SOME GUIDANCE ON THIS IF YOU NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE ASK ME.

PLEASE HELP IME IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP

Why do you want two of the same web site anyways?

Why dont you just get rid of the old one?

Or just use it to redirect ?

Thanx John

HI JOHN, WHAT IT IS... I OWN jayandjosh.co.uk AND I PAY FOR THIS SITE EVERY YEAR AND I DONT REALLY WANT .pwp.blueyonder.co.uk STUCK AT THE END OF IT...

ALSO IF I GIVE UP jayandjosh.co.uk THIS LEAVES THE DOOR OPEN FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO BUY IT WHICH I DONT WANT.

YOU MENTION A REDIRECT?? HOW WOULD I DO THAT

THANKS

If you have a control panel for the first web site you should have an option in there to be able to redirect all reqest for a page to you desired page.

If not you should be able to code it so on page load it will transfer but I am not 100% on how to do that though.

when free is not free at all,
    I think small price to pay when you use 100gb of their webspace. It is not special case, yahoo with its geocities.com only gaive you 15mb but still have to piggy back to their name, personally I think it is fair deal.
    most of telco companies arround the world offer these freebies, on the other hand there are lots of companies selling domain names with free url forwarding, probably better to use this free space to store some files and simply link them from your real domain name.

frontpage

Can You Please Let Me Know How To Link The Files :d

if you have a file called contac.html at www.jayandjosh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk, the file address would be http://www.jayandjosh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/contact.html.
    To link contact.html from any page on any website <a href="http://www.jayandjosh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/contact.html">Click Here To Go To Contact Page</a>

Thread Information