www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

Currently working on a customer's new site

Old site: http://www.svobodausa.com

Testing/New site: http://test.svobodausa.com

All feedback is appreciated

7000% better. Like night and day. It's like Roseanne Barr vs. Pamela Anderson.

Lol great analogy.

We're still customizing their cart solution, and currently I'm trying to make it work with Opera but it's doing some freaky stuff.

I hate that browser.

Whose Roseanne barr?

The new one is soooo much better.
    So much more inventive than the old.
    Well done.

I agree, nice improvement.

I like the style you have for your tables on the contact and quote forms.
    One niggly little thing...the bottom right corners of your rounded boxes are a little out.

Nice!

I viewed the 'old' site and thought, 'this isn't really too bad'... but when I saw the NEW site, -wow! Yes, -the new site is greatly improved!

-Joel

Quote Originally Posted by BrettNooyen
    Currently working on a customer's new site

Old site: http://www.svobodausa.com

Testing/New site: http://test.svobodausa.com

All feedback is appreciated

I love it!!!! One little thing though.... It's bare between your content and the (c) copyright ... I would minimize that space.

Feechi
    http://www.feechi.com

Quote Originally Posted by ProWeb
    I agree, nice improvement.

I like the style you have for your tables on the contact and quote forms.
    One niggly little thing...the bottom right corners of your rounded boxes are a little out.
    Thank you for your kind words, as for the bottom of the rounded boxes... it is a little off and I think only designers will catch that, its due to the repeating background and how I want the page centered, it just has to be that way ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Feechi
    I love it!!!! One little thing though.... It's bare between your content and the (c) copyright ... I would minimize that space.

Feechi
    http://www.feechi.com
    The reason we do that is so the user can continue scrolling past the bottom of the page, it makes it easier for the user to read alot of content if the content is in the center of the page. If we remove that spacing, the text is then stuck at the bottom of the page, hinder the user's reading abilities.

I hope that's clear.

Again, thanks all for your criticism and kind words!

I like the usage of the wood background, instead of the snot-colored background in the first design.
    But, don't go overboard with the usage of wood -- too much is tacky. I recommend that you retain the page background and banner; the rest I'd change to a solid color, something other than brown. The elements of your page melt together after a while due to the lack of contrast.

The coding is sort of <div> crazy -- you might investigate altering it to semantic mark-up language.

The banner looks weird -- the darker wood border covers the Svoboda Industries logo. Also, there's a lot of space at the bottom of the page - close to 300px of background without text. These problems might be unique to IE, but you might check on that.

KDLA

Quote Originally Posted by KDLA
    I like the usage of the wood background, instead of the snot-colored background in the first design.
    But, don't go overboard with the usage of wood -- too much is tacky. I recommend that you retain the page background and banner; the rest I'd change to a solid color, something other than brown. The elements of your page melt together after a while due to the lack of contrast.
    I do agree with you about the contrast part. However, you know how some clients are, we showed them this design first and the owner absolutely loved the wood theme, wanted nothing changed.

The coding is sort of <div> crazy -- you might investigate altering it to semantic mark-up language.
    This seemed to be the best approach in doing alot of our CSS positioning, as there are alot of overlapping parts that could have been done with image slices but we chose CSS positioning. Good thoughts though, I'm still working on my CSS toning-down.

The banner looks weird -- the darker wood border covers the Svoboda Industries logo.
    If you mean the darker wood border overlapps the area of the business logo, then yes that is how it is supposed to be. Sort of a building blocks kinda overlapping ideal.

Also, there's a lot of space at the bottom of the page - close to 300px of background without text.
    See my reply above as to why we do this.

Thanks much!!!!

looks fantastic and much better than the old site. I think the wood background is a little much and distracts from the content of the site a bit, but it looks really nice.

I think that it is very attractive layout, good job!

Thread Information