www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is my color scheme OK?

Is my color scheme OK?

Hi everybody! I've been working on a site, and I just want to know of my color scheme looked OK. Any gray color, black or yellow orange that I use is OK.
    Well, here is the site... http://www.team847.com/

Thanks!

=a few changes later=

I changed the styles a bit, so if you already took a look, take another 'cause I brightened things up a bit (OK, maybe alot)
    Last edited by Sunny G; 01-12-2006 at 02:45 PM. Reason: made some site changes

color scheme gets a thumbs up from me.

I might look into changing over to relative positioning and centering the page, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytael
    color scheme gets a thumbs up from me.
    Thank you! NogDog suggested that I switch to relative positioning and centering the page as well. I also plan to increase the overall width about 90px.

=edit=

OK! the site is centered. here's the link again: http://www.team847.com/
    Last edited by Sunny G; 01-13-2006 at 04:23 PM.

The only thing I'd say is with the overall contrast of the design, the rollovers are REALLY subtle. I'd increase the contrast of the rollovers.

OK, I changed all the rollovers to red. I made a new banner, but it's a little too big. I'll be fixing that soon.

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    stay away from red borders

I sort of feel that the body background is a bit too light. I'm thinking that to fit the subject matter, some sort of subtle, metallic tiled background image might look nice: both muting the color a bit and fitting in with the technology theme.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I like it, but could do with darker bg, and make the yellow for the borders, links a stand out bit more

OK, so make the borders yellow, the links more vibrant, and a darker background. No prob.

Alright, I made the borders yellow, the alinks and ahovers are red and the background is darker. I will be making the site a little thinner for 800x600 resolutions soon. I can't get the banner right...

Color scheme looks good. But I think You should create good and attractive banner. IMO, you need to design good layout as well.

Looks like the side of a school bus. It might be from lack of content, however if you're going to keep content to a minimum, all the stripes are hard on my eyes. Some blank space between section headers might soften the rigidness.

KDLA

I was thinking the same thing... Should I make the headings a grayish-yellow?

Not sure. Grayish-yellow sounds a little disgusting, like reminiscent of bodily functions. Guess it depends on the shade.

Thread Information