www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: SQL/ASP Calculated query question

SQL/ASP Calculated query question

Hi,
    I am working on an ordering system with no transaction. I have been able to develop the database and the ordering form and works fairly well. What the system does is:
    A user logs into the site, places and order from our catalogue into an insert form with the option for inputing product code and quantity. I keep track of the order by Session information. Everytime a record is inserted a query multiplies unit price by quantity ordered and gives a line result or individual result. Another query adds all the line results into a subtotal, and I am trying to come up with a query that would calculate the taxes for the order.

There are 3 types of taxes depending on the province the user is from.

The query below works half way because it only calculates one time. What I want is to calculate for every order. I'm using Access/ASP and Ddreamweaver MX 2004. Please if anyone can help me would be great. I've been working on this for a week now and I don't seem to get anywhere.

<%
    Dim rsSubGST__MMColParam
    rsSubGST__MMColParam = "0"
    If (Session("MM_intUserID") <> "") Then
    rsSubGST__MMColParam = Session("MM_intUserID")
    End If
    %>
    <%
    Dim rsSubGST
    Dim rsSubGST_numRows

Set rsSubGST = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    rsSubGST.ActiveConnection = MM_connStuff_STRING
    rsSubGST.Source = "SELECT (intQuantity * catalogue_price * GST/100) AS GSTsub FROM tblOrders, Products, tblProvince WHERE prodID = product_code AND userID = " + Replace(rsSubGST__MMColParam, "'", "''") + ""
    rsSubGST.CursorType = 0
    rsSubGST.CursorLocation = 2
    rsSubGST.LockType = 1
    rsSubGST.Open()

rsSubGST_numRows = 0
    %>

I think when you change the amount of items that you have, you will need to refresh the page so it can go back through your sql query.
    Chris.Martz.me
    Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I though but it doesn't work. I have come to believe that I need to create some kind of function that instead of calculating the taxes for each entry, it will calculate the taxes for the subtotal. The problems is , I don't know how to create function using ASP. If anyone has a sample oe lead as to where to find one, it will be very much appreciated.

Javier

Thread Information