www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which way to slice & CSS?

Hybrid View

Which way to slice & CSS?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to development, so please excuse any ignorance.

I'm trying to slice up a design, below is an example (removed all main content to simplify things):

I've sliced it up two ways:

1) A slice of the entire left and right hand sides, then the remaining top and bottom bits

2) A slice of the entire top bit, the two sides, and the bottom

Both ways I have issues getting it to display correctly in either DW or browsers, and it is because my CSS layout knowledge is lacking.

Example 1 --> http://66.246.59.90/~takeaway/r1/
    Example 2 --> http://66.246.59.90/~takeaway/r2/

My main misunderstanding is DIV placement. I can get the thing to work properly if I use position:absolute; but that is useless for making it sit properly on different screen sizes.

Could anybody look at the css files & tell me what I am doing wrong - and which way I should be slicing it?

I thank you in advance

If you used photoshop cs, &or CS2. It can be sliced and rendered in 100% css, which will get you close faster to wat u need done.

Quote Originally Posted by lackluster
    If you used photoshop cs, &or CS2. It can be sliced and rendered in 100% css, which will get you close faster to wat u need done.
    I did this, but it makes all the divs "position:absolute" which doesn't work for me. We want the site centered on a page. So the positions of the divs will move as the container does. So I can't do it this way.

Unless there is an option to tell Imageready not to use the absolute way?

Thread Information