www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: centering the site in the browser

centering the site in the browser

I know this is a real rookie question but how do you use DW to "center" the site in the browser window? all of the sites I have worked on are left justified and I would like to be able to center the info in the window and then maybe insert a background color to take up the space on the L and R sides of the site.

any help would be appreciated. I know enough to be dangerous. Also, I am using DW MX 2004 and I have a guide book that shows screen shots of the "files" panel with the site files AND a desktop icon with the + sign in the same window so that you can access files and I would imagine drag them into your site files. My screen does not give me that access in the same window. is this a feature I can turn on?

thanks in advance,

Joe

alot of the centering tags are dipreciated now <center></center> is gone align="center" isnt used anymore as far as im aware.

add this into the table tag if your using tables that is style="margin: 0 auto"

it will look something like this:
    <table style="margin: 0 auto">
    etc...

Well that is if your using tables for layout.

As you should not be using tables for layout anyways.

If you take alook at this link you can learn how to use CSS for you layout. Link

what like this: http://student.dc.lincoln.ac.uk/~u05...1/Assignment3/ :P

saying that tho i find tables the most effecive way with some designs as getting 50+ images to line up corret without a table is a complete and utter git

Thread Information