www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I put Windows Media Player in my website to play videos?

Question How do I put Windows Media Player in my website to play videos?

Title says it all.

Can you give a little more detail concerning what you'd like to do?
    Do you want to embed a WMV in your website, or just link to one?
    How long is the video?
    What kind of site are you putting together?

- JPD

I want to play videos for people on my site. They will be shorter than 1 minute. I want to embed windows media player in my site so it automatically plays when a person visits the site.

there are several recent threads dealing with this topic.

see if this helps:

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=92043

- JP

You can first convert video to flash, then get you flash on the web.

try http://www.flash-video-mx.com

Good luck!

Thumbs up

You can first convert video to flash, then get you flash on the web.

try http://www.flash-video-mx.com

Good luck!

options in wmp ?

is it possible to let wmp auto zoom in to the requested % ???

because its kinda small my flash on the wmp and i dont want to zoom in to use the flash . any idea's ow and its on a site were most of the html commands ar disabled any idea ??

Quote Originally Posted by ddrultramix
    I want to play videos for people on my site. They will be shorter than 1 minute. I want to embed windows media player in my site so it automatically plays when a person visits the site.
    This is the code for embedding Windows media player into your html page. You'll have to play around with it to get the window on the page where you want it.

<OBJECT id="VIDEO"
    style="position:absolute; left:19;top:19;width:480px; height:360px"
    CLASSID="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"
    type="application/x-oleobject">

<PARAM NAME="URL" VALUE="http://YOURSITE.COM/YOUR VIDEO NAME HERE.wmv" ref>
    <PARAM NAME="AutoStart" VALUE="-1">
    <PARAM name="uiMode" value="mini">
    <PARAM name="PlayCount" value="1">
    <param name="rate" value="1">
    <param name="balance" value="0">
    <param name="currentPosition" value="0">
    <param name="defaultFrame" value>
    <param name="currentMarker" value="0">
    <param name="invokeURLs" value="-1">
    <param name="baseURL" value>
    <param name="volume" value="80">
    <param name="mute" value="0">
    <param name="stretchToFit" value="1">
    <param name="windowlessVideo" value="0">
    <param name="enabled" value="-1">
    <param name="enableContextMenu" value="-1">
    <param name="fullScreen" value="0">
    <param name="SAMIStyle" value>
    <param name="SAMILang" value>
    <param name="SAMIFilename" value>
    <param name="captioningID" value>
    <param name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0">
    </OBJECT>
    Land of the Freebies
    http://planetdenn.com

Hi everybody, I'm new here! I see this topic, but is possible for example to play one radio stream in WM Player in web site...(if in WM player is not possible some other sollutions exsist?)

Denn,

I have the player, but how do I get it to show a playlist?
    Will this player play flash?
    I'm assuming I will then have to encode it to flash myself, correct?

dave

Hello,

Do you want to increase your website sales, web-traffic, or start your own online TV talk show? Would you like to broadcast your newsletter articles or videos over the Internet to others? Has this seemed impractical because video loads too slow, takes to much web space or just seems to hard to understand.

The other problem hindering website video use was its complicated installation process. It's been very difficult for the average individual to add video files to their websites. Windows Player simplified this process but still had limitations. It played a few formats, but not the streaming .swf (Flash) files and you had to know how to install their player on your website to play the video. You needed to know html webpage code or have a program like Microsoft's FrontPage to install the player and video on a webpage.

Thanks.

My recommendations, don't use WMPlayer. You leave out a lot of potential viewers (MAC and FF do not come with WMP pluggin). After all, it's not which player you put on the Web page that determines if the viewer can see/hear your content, rather it's if the viewers browser has the correct pluggin to play the media. Flash is by far the most cross browser friendly. Google for Flash audio or video players. Lots of freebees out there, including ones with playlists
    nanclin,
    If your read my other post, you know that your posts will be up for "Peer review".
    First off, the first paragraph of your post is off focus and not factual.
    Has this seemed impractical because video loads too slow, takes to much web space or just seems to hard to understand.
    Dowload speed continues to increase and many hosts will provide unlimited Web site space as well as unlimited bandwidth, making hosting videos on web sites very common and inexpensive.
    In your second paragraph you mention
    very difficult for the average individual to add video files to their websites
    This is a Web Developers Forum. Viewers are here because they are NOT average individuals.
    Windows Player simplified this process but still had limitations. It played a few formats, but not the streaming .swf (Flash) files
    Windows Media Player is no more easy or difficult to place on a Web page than any other media player. And Flash .swf files are not "streamed". The .swf file is the player, not the video file, which may or may not be "streamed". Almost always video files are progressively downloaded and not streamed.
    Best wishes all,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Hello,

Do you want to increase your website sales, web-traffic, or start your own online TV talk show? Would you like to broadcast your newsletter articles or videos over the Internet to others? Has this seemed impractical because video loads too slow, takes to much web space or just seems to hard to understand.

The other problem hindering website video use was its complicated installation process. It's been very difficult for the average individual to add video files to their websites. Windows Player simplified this process but still had limitations. It played a few formats, but not the streaming .swf (Flash) files and you had to know how to install their player on your website to play the video. You needed to know html webpage code or have a program like Microsoft's FrontPage to install the player and video on a webpage.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nanclin View Post
    but not the streaming .swf (Flash) files
    Flash (swf) is not true streaming. Progressive download I think is the buzz word (correct term) you are looking for to use in your marketing materials. And please stop promoting Front Page a viable for any web development, let the bad software die.

I suggest you to take a look at How to embed Windows Media Player in HTML document, also use a tool that I've used some years ago to stream my personal Online Radio, but that program could be also used for streaming videos(of course all in real-time), for this I suggest you to read Microsoft Windows Media - Streaming from a Web Server.

Good Luck.

Thread Information