dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Clients Paying by Pay Pal

Question Clients Paying by Pay Pal

im trying to build something for a friend where he only has a small amount of customers and he has pay pal. He wants the customer to be able to click on a button from the site and pay by this method which i think is easy enough. But he also wants the customer to be able to go back and see their pay history from month to month. Now what would i have to do to make that happen

If they are paying by Pay Pal... their account will show past payments.

If that's not enough there are 2 other options.

1. He can hand code a page for the clients once he recieves payments.
    2. You can setup a shopping cart which will keep a client history, most good shopping carts support paypal without an issue.

ok is the shoping cart software something i have to put on the server or can i upload scripts to it like i do html. The reason i asked is the person has his domain name thru registerfly.com which gives you free web space with every domain name. The thing is i think they might CHARGE for certain things and he doesnt want any kind of monthy fee and thats why he is using pay pal and not a merchant account.

My 2 cents then we'll get on with the issue at hand
    I'm not supportive of people who resist spending money on their business. the phrase 'Penny wise and pound foolish' is what comes to mind. I know a good amount of businesses who use paypal vs doing a traditional merchant account. thats fine and good... However if he carelessly put's client info on the web he could be in trouble of some sort.

With that said you're going to need to go with option number 1. How you keep their information secure and private may be a whole other issue. We're hear to help, so your going to look at having meta tags which tell google and other SE's to not index those pages. How you keep the location of those pages from unwanted eye's will need more work. See if you can have passworded directories with registerfly without any added cost. Hopefully they won't limit that amount.

Thread Information