I guess I just don't seem to understand how it works. I registered my domain at godaddy.com and can't figure out how to make it so my domain gets the site from my server.
I serve off of my computer. I can't figure out as to where I put my ip in to go-daddy so that it redirects to my computer. Can some one help me out?
Right now on the page I registered it has adds for go-daddy, and some other random stuff.
I don't remember how I did it because it was a while ago, but trying calling them at (480) 505-8899 that should be about the domain support number. That's how I fixed it last time.
I think this is what you do:
Login to your godaddy account and edit your name servers to reflect the server change. It is usually in this format ns1.somenameserver.com & ns2.somenameserver.com
But in your case you will want to use your ip as the name servers
Hope this helps.
What you will need to do is change the 'A' Records by adding your IP address, using GoDaddy's Total DNS Control. Total DNS Control allows you to perform advanced DNS functions, such as changing your zone records.
To Manage Your DNS
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. Under the Domain Names section, select Manage Domains.
3. Select the domain name you want to modify using the check boxes. Your Domain Details display on the right of the page.
4. Expand the Nameservers Summary section to see what name servers you are currently using and to change them, if necessary.
5. Expand the Total DNS Control section to manage subdomains and launch Total DNS Control. Using Total DNS Control, you can modify the zone file (A records and MX records) for your domain.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the replys I will take a wack at it.
Well, I changed my "A" records, and that worked for my main page. Now on my main page I no longer see my ip as the web address.
I have four other pages that are also apart of this site. They still show my ip address. Any ideas on how to mask them also?
Thank you for the replies.
Last edited by help2361; 02-06-2006 at 09:47 PM.
I figured it out. Every thing works right.
Thanks again for the help.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)