dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WYSIWYG code vs. code by hand

I did see code once output by FrontRage, and for the 1st time I couldn't tell. Apparently there is some way of using it that doesn't produce complete garbage code, but this one person is the only 1 I've ever seen accomplish it. As to how he did it, I have no idea.

codeing by hand it alot more effective than using dreamweaver etc...

i do use dreamweaver but only for the codeing veiw and the ability to switch to design veiw to check you havnt messed anything up with little/no effort it also makes it easier to navigate your code (clicking a layer etc.... will take you to that part of of the code)

i used to use dreamweaver to make sites from when dreamweaver 4 was released untill recently when i stopped useing the design veiw to make sites in 2004mx i have found my sites look alot better/the codes tidier/and require less server space (not that html takes up much space)

to sum it up codeing by hand beats wysiwyg easily.

wysiwyg is only better for new developers who dont have a clue about html/css

Quote Originally Posted by knowj
    to sum it up codeing by hand beats wysiwyg easily.

wysiwyg is only better for new developers who dont have a clue about html/css
    I couldn't disagree with that more. What Dreamweaver and such producd is always unaccepotable for distribution on the internet but it can be a useful step along the way to a web page. As such it should only be used by the most advanced web authors, people know how to translate the output to real HTML, and web authors working as a team assuming that one member of that team will later make the translation.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

i should have phrased that better.

i ment for people who it would take stupidly long amounts of time to created a page by hand code rather than a few min/hours within a wysiwyg

Quote Originally Posted by knowj
    i should have phrased that better.

i ment for people who it would take stupidly long amounts of time to created a page by hand code rather than a few min/hours within a wysiwyg
    You still have to face the problem that, with the exception of Amaya, a WYSIWYG cannot produce an acceptable web page.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Thread Information