www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Embed Video

Embed Video

hi, not entirely sure if this is the right place to post, if its not sorry.

Anyhows I started using dreamweaver a few days ago and have some knowledge of html and javascript. I've got the clip i wanted embed and all the parameters set up but i cant for the life of me work out how to center it or place it on a specific place. I can have it left/right aligned as its on a toolbar but i was wondering is their a way i can specify it to be placed in the center or say a certain other position like 5cm to the right of the margin?

The best way is to wrap your video embed tag with div tags.
    Then style the div tag so it is where you want.
    Code:
    <div style="text-align: center">
    	  <object id='mediaPlayer' data="Video/hayabusa-turbo-wheelie.wmv" standby='Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...' type='type="video/x-ms-wmv"'>
          <param name='fileName' value="http://www.johneva.playingwithpsp.com/Video/hayabusa-turbo-wheelie.wmv" />
          <param name='animationatStart' value='true' />
          <param name='transparentatStart' value='true' />
          <param name='autoStart' value="true" />
          <param name='showControls' value="true" />
          <param name='loop' value="true" />
          </object>
    </div>
    Just remove the
    Code:
    style="text-align: center"
    if you want to have the styles in a seperate CSS file(best way) or in the head of your doc.

If you are not using CSS and are not bothered about it being valid you could just use the <center></center> tags(bad way).
    Last edited by johneva; 01-28-2006 at 06:02 AM.

Couldn't get it working

I took the code as written and placed in the head of the page. But nothing at all came up, any ideas what I was doing wrong. First time trying this.

Thanks

well this is what i do

*open the page you want your vid file to play on
    *go to the menu bar and inster a table.
    *spread the squares out and place the vid into the one in the position you want you vid to play in.

works gread that way. also its a good way to place text next to you vid cause html doesnt recognise anything but that. hope i helped.
    also if anyone has another way polease mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talltim3
    I took the code as written and placed in the head of the page. But nothing at all came up, any ideas what I was doing wrong. First time trying this.

Thanks
    It should not be in the head of the document it should be in the body.

Also you did change the data value and filename value.

yep in the body

i love the code side as well but it seems that you would best benefit from using the design side. DW will place it in the body for you.

Stellyx

Design veiw is naf it code up pages totaly wrong.

Learn HTML and CSS instead of relying on the WYSIWYG side of Dreamweaver.

your right

I know that now... but truthfully when i started i only used the design side. DW is great to make the beginners not be beginners for long. cause if you use it with flash, vids, pics and and the damn stop() command (if you dont get it you wiil) you will be coding in no time. I know its true because it happened to me.
    I have seen some of the posts on this site and there are people here that know stuff i havent even thought of yet, and those that are where i was two years ago. I just figure that if i fix the problem then set them on the same path... well its all i can do to repay all the help i got from all of you.

still learnin, but hopefully we all are.

Stellyx

Thread Information