www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: problem with behaviours/complex rollovers in Dreamweaver MX

Unhappy problem with behaviours/complex rollovers in Dreamweaver MX

Hi Everybody,
    Hoping someone out there can advise me, I'm trying to create what I believe should be a fairly simple effect on a web page but have had no success. Basically my page contains a table cell with a large image which appears on first load. Alongside that cell is another with four number buttons 1-4. These are rollovers, changing colour when a viewer points. Now, what I want to do is have the rollover effect on the buttons and change the larger, main image when the viewer clicks. Therefore you can click on number 1 for Image 1, 2 for 2 and so on.
    The problem seems to be that once the rollovers are active and I then insert a behaviour to swap the larger image, the "restore on Mouseout" command takes over. Or maybe I shouldn't be using behaviours to do this? Should I try tweaking the javascript or doing the whole thing in Fireworks or Flash?
    I'd welcome any suggestions, particularly any links to tutorials which might be available...I've now spent several days trying various methods without success.
    Thanks All!
    Watty.

Using an iframe for the images to be showen may be best not sure though.

But its an idea for ya though.

dont use iframes there frames are a curse on the web world.

have you got a link to the code?

also you can untick the box/remove from the code onmouseout revertimage if i understand correctly what you mean

Go to http://www.pinsapoestates.com/area.php and tell me if this is the effect you want. If so, I have the answer

Unhappy problem solved...nearly!

Thanx to everyone for their suggestions, I have now solved the problem (almost) after wrestling with javascript for a while. This link http://home.exetel.com.au/wattysweb/pevonia.htm displays the effect I wanted to create, just as long as you don't look at it in Internet Explorer, which displays a blank page.
    Any ideas why this may be so would be most welcome.
    Thanks,
    iainwatt64

Smile problem solved

Thanks to everyone, IE was showing a blank page due to a missing close comment tag (-->) in the head section following the CSS code. Sensitive, eh?

Thread Information