www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Frontpage Issue

Frontpage Issue

I have a teacher in my school system who uses frontpage and is having some issues with it. Whenever she updates her webpage, the text that says "This web site was last updated on etc etc etc" is not automatically updating itself. It's stuck on November of last year and she has made several updates since then.

Can anybody give me some ideas? I've never used frontpage before and am therefore not quite adept to help her in this area.

Well... this may seem a little overly simple however she should look for the text or script creating this and remove it.

Since the date is not changing... I would guess that it's not a script and a hand coded area. Replacing that with the code that will work properly is not hard to do or find.
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

That's what I told her to do was to try and remove that part and then re-add it, figured it was just a glitch in the code. Not knowing much about the Frontpage kinda put me at a disadvantage, but that was the best I could think of. I decided to cover my bases and ask around, seeing if anybody had a solution other than removing and re-adding it.

Thanks for the help.

why not supply a link to the document and I'll take a look at it for ya.
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

Webpage

Here's the link to the webpage, you can view the source from there. That's about all I can provide you with.

http://www.effinghamschools.com/mes/

I appreciate any help you can give us.

Question Frontpage update script

Hi

is not automatically updating itself
    I have FP2002, I must be slow in not knowing this but how do you put an update script in Frontpage, Please

http://www.koyli.com/
    Last edited by Pan; 02-16-2006 at 12:58 PM.

Just re read the post --- It was an assumption that FP updated the site ? But of course it does not.

Thanks

I don't really understand what you are trying to say Pan. But I copied this from the webpages source. Maybe it can help

(<!--webbot bot="Timestamp" S-Type="EDITED" S-Format="%m/%d/%Y" startspan -->11/02/2005<!--webbot bot="Timestamp" i-checksum="12521" endspan -->.<br>)

Hi JB
    I was trying to figure what this code means ?? Because its on a FP page does not mean its part of FP, I use FP never heard of this timestamp.

As Pete says it could be a script inserted into the page -- ?

I have a teacher in my school system who uses frontpage and is having some issues with it. Whenever she updates her webpage, the text that says "This web site was last updated on etc etc etc" is not automatically updating itself. It's stuck on November of last year and she has made several updates since then.
    Have you ASKED the teacher if it should automatically updates with FP ? Or as she inserted the Script herself ?, I dont you have ? She will appreciate your concern.

I cant the code anywhere --- ?

If you find the web site address where got it

Cheers ---

Thumbs up

Hi JB

Got this information for you, hope it helps ??

Add a Date and Time component to a Web page

Note To show the current date and time, see Jazz up your Web site with JavaScript.

The Date and Time component will display the date and/or time that a page was originally created or last saved.

In Page view, at the bottom of the document window, click Design .

Place the insertion point where you want to add a date and/or time stamp.

On the Insert menu, click Date and Time.

If the Date and Time command appears dimmed
    The Date and Time command may be unavailable because of other settings. Because the Date and Time command is a FrontPage Web component, you need to make sure that Author-time Web Components are activated. To activate Author-time Web Components:

On the Tools menu, click Page Options.
    In the Page Options dialog box, click the Authoring tab.
    Under FrontPage and SharePoint technologies, make sure the Author-time Web Components check box is selected.

Click OK.

In the Date and Time dialog box under Display, specify whether you want your page to show the date and/or time it was last edited or the date and/or time the page was last automatically updated.
    Specify the format for the date and/or for the time by selecting an option from each of their respective format lists.

Not sure if it helps but --- Just trying to help ?

All the best

Appreciate the info Pan. The teacher states that it used to update properly. From what I am assuming, the code was used to update the Time and Date the page was last updated (as in edited and then uploaded to her site)....which now that I read your post properly, that seems to be what she needs to do.

Thanks Pan! I'll forward this onto her, I'll repost here if she gets it working.

Hi JB

I tried all over to get an answer, hope she gets it sorted.

Thread Information