www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: View asp Code

View asp Code

I have a bet that say that someone can steal/see any code out there. It may be encoded/obfuscated... but there is a way to acess it if you know the name to the ressource and it hasn't been password protected, that just make that person's work harder.

We can download our asp file using the FTP server and get our code back, but not if we try to do it through other way, we always get an empty file back. Is there a way for someone to steal our code, and if so, how?

I know that an asp file gets executed server side and we only get to see the results from it. This is the reason we get an empty file as when the client call this specific file without giving it data it needs, it is not supposed to give back anything. I believe I'd have to find a way to download the file without it executing as I'd imagine it does when I acess it through the FTP.

Thanks.
    Last edited by p-thomas; 02-10-2006 at 01:11 PM.

Basically they'd have to get access to the web server directly... I don't know of another way as PHP/ASP are both interpreted on the server before any pages are sent to a browser.

Thanks, that's what I believed... but I'm supposed to find a way arround it. I'm a novice when it comes to server side stuff. Good to know our code is "safe".

Thread Information