www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how is this done?

how is this done?

go to this site
    http://www.deananddeluca.com/
    click on fine foods
    under the main menu
    Homepage >> Fine Foods appears
    Can anyone tell me what the name is on how to do that or were i can find a script or a program to do it or is it done by hand?
    Thanks

well they made the site with cgi and just put something like a link to their homepage then >> then they used a query string to see what you wanted and they used that to change the label. That is probably over your head that definition but if you are just using html just put a link to your homepage there and then put a >> then the text 'fine foods' behind it. That is if you are using static pages... you are arn't you?
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 05-12-2003 at 05:30 PM.

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    well they made the site with cgi and just put something like a link to their homepage then >> then they used a query string to see what you wanted and they used that to change the label. That is probably over your head that definition but if you are just using html just put a link to your homepage there and then put a >> then the text 'fine foods' behind it. That is if you are using static pages... you are arn't you?
    I found that it can be done using PHP and ASP but the server that we are using is a domino 5 and its horrible, thanks anyway

its best to do it with HTML and not have cgi do it automaticly because thats what i am doing and it has the same effect

Home >> Anime Etc.
    Many people already feared the staff because they banned there *** !

Originally posted by Kaisa
    its best to do it with HTML and not have cgi do it automaticly because thats what i am doing and it has the same effect

Home >> Anime Etc.
    There are way to many pages in the existing site to do that, i had already tought about that

Thread Information