www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Trying to make a comment box

Question Trying to make a comment box

Yes, I'm trying to make a comment box that will -not- be sent to my email. I would like it to be able to have comments left on pictures like (this is just an example) myspace.

I have a basic input form, but all I can make it do is when you click submit it just redirects to another page and nothing else.
    ILife is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, throughly used up, worn out, and defiantly yelling, "Geronimo!"

HTML aint gonna help then. Client-side languages (HTML, CSS, Javascript) affect the behaviour of browsers. Server-side languages affect the behaviour of servers. If you want to edit a file, maintain a database or send an e-mail then you need a server side language. Which one you use (PHP, ASP, ASP.net, CGI-Perl, JSP, ColdFusion) depends on what your host supports and on any prior experience that you may have.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

AH... oki thank you
    ILife is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, throughly used up, worn out, and defiantly yelling, "Geronimo!"

Thread Information