www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: newbie question

newbie question

i got my site up (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon.grinham) but now i need a way ofputting news on the site, is there an easier way than just editing the website?

Most likely, a simple CMS (Content Management System). There are millions of them out there. The first thing you need to know is, what Server Side Language does your host support? PHP, ASP, JSP, .NET, CGI-Perl, Ruby, Python, ect.?
    Last edited by MstrBob; 02-19-2006 at 11:23 AM.

off-topic

"Pythong"? Is that what sexy snakes are wearing these days?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog
    "Pythong"? Is that what sexy snakes are wearing these days?
    This is why I can't wait until Firefox 2.0 and it's rumored inline Spell Checking...

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBob
    Most likely, a simple CMS (Content Management System). There are millions of them out there. The first thing you need to know is, what Server Side Language does your host support? PHP, ASP, JSP, .NET, CGI-Perl, Ruby, Python, ect.?
    err.... how do i tell? i'm using ntlworld

Asking is an incredibly good bet.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Assuming you have a solid server-side language at your hands, a good place to start would be <http://opensourcecms.com>

Thread Information