dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Gradient Use

Gradient Use

I need to use a gradient on a portion of the website. I know how to create one, but what is the best way to implement its use on a page?

The area that it will be covering is quite tall, but only about 100 pixels wide. I would like to create a gradient about 100x5 or something like that, since I could just "stack" the images vertically within a given area and it would look like one big gradient.

So my question is, is there a way to vertically "tile" a specified area? I'm primarily using CSS to create my page.

If this is the wrong forum for this post I apologize, but CSS seems to be most appropriate venue for me as this isn't specifically a graphics concern I don't think.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Hmm... I'm confused as to what you need. Perhaps you are talking about an IE filter to make a gradient ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ters/alpha.asp ). Otherwise, to vertically layer things, you use the css property z-index...

Thanks for your reply. I actually just figured out how to do what I was trying to do:

#gradient {
    background-image:url(image.gif);
    background-repeat:repeat-y;
    }

The more I learn about CSS the more I love it.

Thread Information