Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Gradient Use

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003

    Gradient Use

    I need to use a gradient on a portion of the website. I know how to create one, but what is the best way to implement its use on a page?

    The area that it will be covering is quite tall, but only about 100 pixels wide. I would like to create a gradient about 100x5 or something like that, since I could just "stack" the images vertically within a given area and it would look like one big gradient.

    So my question is, is there a way to vertically "tile" a specified area? I'm primarily using CSS to create my page.

    If this is the wrong forum for this post I apologize, but CSS seems to be most appropriate venue for me as this isn't specifically a graphics concern I don't think.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    High on life
    Hmm... I'm confused as to what you need. Perhaps you are talking about an IE filter to make a gradient ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ters/alpha.asp ). Otherwise, to vertically layer things, you use the css property z-index...

    Personal website http://www.ryanbrill.com/
    Business website: http://www.infinitywebdesign.com/
    TypeSpace http://www.typespace.org/

    I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Thanks for your reply. I actually just figured out how to do what I was trying to do:

    #gradient {

    The more I learn about CSS the more I love it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
HTML5 Development Center