dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: background image properties

background image properties

hi !

I am designing a website. I have assigned a background image to a particular cell of a table, using the following code

<table>
    <tr>
    <td background=image.jpg></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

But the background image is smaller than the cell, so it is "tileD".
    Is there any option to set the background image in center of the cell, (both horizontally and vertically) so that it is not in "tile" mode?

I know in css, we can set the background image of the HTML page in center, but I want to do this with the background image of the table's cell , not the HTML page.

Omair

You could do something like this:
    <td width="width of image" height="height of image" background=image.jpg></td>

YES IT HELPED A LITTLE, BUT THE BACKGROUND IMAGE IS STILL TILED, CAN U PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UNtile THE IMAGE. I WANT JUST ONE BACKGROUND IMAGE, NOT TILED

try this. Im not 100% that it will work, but I can see it working in my mind.

<td width="width of image" height="height of image" style="background-image: url ('image.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat;"></td>

Yes It worked !!!!
    Thankyou so much , sir.
    could u also tell me how to align it in the middle, both vertivally and horizontally.

<td width="width of image" height="height of image" style="background-image: url ('image.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position:center center"></td>

Thread Information