www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Password Restricted Pages

Password Restricted Pages

Hey all,

I'd like to make certain parts of my site available to only those with a password, does anyone know how this can be done?!

Thanks in advance!
    Regards,

Barry

www.barrymcgee.net

Yes. You have a choice of Javascript (not as reliable as the others, but fine if what you're protecting isn't of earth shattering importance), PHP, ASP or htaccess. There are other solutions too, but those are the main ones.
    What does your server support? Then I can move your thread to the relevant category.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Im not sure...sorry? I'd like to explore the htaccess route, do you know where I'd find some tutorials as I haven't a clue where to start?!
    Regards,

Barry

www.barrymcgee.net

"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information